ChoreoLab (Monday-Saturday, August 8-13)
ChoreoLab is a one-week residency for professional-caliber dancers looking for a focused creative period with invited choreographers to develop new creations and build artistic networks. Choreographers are chosen by special invitation from DanceWorks Chicago’s Artistic Director. Each dancemaker hand-picks their cast out of the pool of ChoreoLab dancers. Days mirror life at DanceWorks Chicago and start with a morning technique class followed by rehearsal, coaching, and sharing. Be part of a rewarding week of using your technical skills and artistic voice that will be unveiled at a culminating showcase in the Ruth Page Center Theater.
“I expected to meet new people, continue to cultivate my network, and grow in my artistry, all of these were achieved. Along with having fun!”
Combine with any or all of the three DanceForce weeks to take your ChoreoLab experience to the next level!
Sunday-Friday, August 8-13
- Times: 10am-4pm (Central time)
- Venue: DWC’s home at the Ruth Page Center for the Arts, conveniently located in Chicago’s beautiful Gold Coast!
- SAVE the DATE for the ChoreoLab Showcase on Saturday, August 13! Join us in the Ruth Page Center Theater for an informal showing of creations by ChoreoLab movers and makers, followed by an informal Meet the Artist Session!
Invitation to ChoreoLab is via AUDITION
Audition via video. Video audition information coming soon!
Upon acceptance, REGISTRATION is first-come, first-serve. Payment of a deposit (one week of tuition) guarantees your place in the program!
NEW! Early Bird Rate: $565 with registration and one week deposit submitted by Sunday, May 22!
Regular Rate: $625
Upon program acceptance, dancers may request a scholarship application. All scholarships are partial scholarships.
- Friday, April 29: Application do date
- Friday, May 6: Notification from Dance360 Program Director Sara Bibik
- Sunday, May 22: Registration and deposit due
For more information, please contact Sara Bibik Dance360 Program Director.