DayLab, DanceWorks Chicago’s version of a One-Day Workshop, is open to dancers 15+ working at an advanced/professional level. Join us for the first DayLab of 2022 and immerse yourself in a welcoming environment geared to addressing your body, mind, and spirit! Discover and share inspiration through training, artistic exploration, and connection with your peers!
SCHEDULE (all times Central):
10:30am-noon: Ballet with DWC Artistic Director Julie Nakagawa
12:15pm-1:45pm, Contemporary and DWC rep with Guest Choreographer Rubén Graciani, Dean, College of Visual and Performing Arts, James Madison University
1:45pm-2:30pm, Tell-It-Like-It-Is Session with Julie, Rubén, and Dance360 Program Director Sara Bibik
Join us for a DayLab and exercise your muscles of courage, creativity, and curiosity!
Thinking about summer plans? Use this DayLab as an audition for Dance360 Summer 2022 programming. Create your own adventure: July 18-August 13.
Three words to describe your Dance360 experience (from Dance360 Summer 2021 Dancers):
- Fulfilling, refreshing, inspiring
- Enlightening, playful, loving
- Meaningful, transformative, significant
ALL-INCLUSIVE FEE: $85 (DayLab, Audition, Service Fees) … EASY!
—> BONUS: For HIGH SCHOOL DANCERS! Learn about campus life and use this DayLab as an audition for a scholarship to James Madison University’s Next Steps Summer 2022 Dance Intensive in Harrisonburg, VA, June 27-July 2!
We’ve missed YOU!
- Participate with confiDANCE! ALL members of Team DWC are fully vaccinated.
- Proof of vaccination is required from each dancer as part of the registration process.
EveryBODY entering the Ruth Page Center is asked to comply by “house rules”, which have been crafted with current CDC guidance and in compliance with state and city requirements. Procedures are subject to change. RPC policies include:
- Masks to be worn at all times, unless actively eating/drinking
- Water fountains are available for filling bottles or individual cups
- Spatial awareness, physical distancing is required in studios, hallways, etc.
- Hand sanitizer is available…please help yourself!
- Personal responsibility to clean your barre space before/after use is requested. Cleaning supplies are available in the studio.
- Please keep your belongings with you.
Common sense and common courtesy, are, as always, requested and appreciated. Thank you for being a good dance citizen!
Registration: EASY! Please fill out this simple online form.
Partial SCHOLARSHIPS available! Apply HERE.
QUESTIONS? Inquire with Dance360 Program Director Sara Bibik
DanceWorks Chicago is committed to supporting individual artistic growth, providing a laboratory for early career artists to journey from “good to great” through training, collaboration, mentorship, and performance. DWC shines a spotlight on individual artists, celebrating unique voices and finding harmony in collaboration.
This program is partially supported by a grant from the Illinois Arts Council Agency.