DanceWorks Chicago has been invited to set up shop at the One State Together in the Arts with a Virtual Lemonade Stand, and we are looking for a few INSPIRING artists/administrators/organizations who have tapped into their entrepreneurial spirit and flexed their creative muscles to make their unique brand of lemonade from lemons during this COVID season. Join us to share your success stories in a lightning round to open the one-hour session, which will include discussion, a Q & A, and breakout sessions to learn more about specific projects.
WHO: nonprofit artists/administrators/organizations working in any genre and/or supporting the work of art (foundations, service organizations, etc.)
WHAT: Virtual Lemonade Stand
WHERE: Zoom Room
WHEN: Thursday, October 1 from 4:45pm-5:45pm (Zoom tech rehearsal on Friday, September 25 from 2pm-3pm…MANDATORY)
WHY: To share inspiration and build commUNITY as part of the One State Together in the Arts virtual conference!
Application is SIMPLE:
- Individual or group/organization name
- LinkedIn or website, if available
- Social media page(s), if available
- Logo and/or photo for promotional purposes
- 500 x 500 png, please
- Home city
- 75-word (or less) individual/group/organization program-ready bio, written
- When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!!!
- Please select either written OR video response, whatever makes you feel the most comfortable, to address each of the following questions:
- Lemon: What’s the challenge, misfortune, difficulty, trouble? 50 words or less, please, written OR via video (provide a link to the video), same word guidelines in each instance.
- Lemonade: How have those lemons been turned into something positive? 250 words or less, please, written or via video (provide a link to the video), same word guidelines in each instance.
- Please confirm that the presenter (one person) is
- available for Zoom tech rehearsal on Friday, September 25 between 2pm-3om
- available to present my idea on Thursday, October 1 between 4:45pm-5:45pm
- Check in at 4:30pm
- Please confirm that the presenter (one person) has access to
- high speed internet via a laptop or desktop (not a phone, please) and a set of headphones in a quiet, well-lit space
Each Lemonade Stand presenter will receive a modest honorarium of $50 and unlimited virtual hugs for their participation along with promotion as part of a unique One State Together offering!
—> If submitting via written form, please submit all materials via a single e-mail to DanceWorks Chicago Co-founder and Artistic Director Julie Nakagawa: firstname.lastname@example.org
—> If submitting a hybrid application (responses to When life gives you lemons two-part prompt are on video), please submit all materials via a single e-mail to DanceWorks Chicago Co-founder and Artistic Director Julie Nakagawa: email@example.com and include links to the video responses in the body of the e-mail.
DUE DATE for application: Sunday, September 20 at noon (Central time).
YES, this session is a little outside of the box; however, thinking outside of the box is a necessary step to moving forward in this unparalleled time. Thank you for considering sharing your success with the commUNITY!