Join the New Dances commUNITY and take class with us!
Led by New Dances 2022 choreographers with Thodos Dance Chicago Artistic Director Melissa Thodos and DanceWorks Chicago Artistic Director Julie Nakagawa, each class is unique – check out the schedule below for details!
LOCATION: Ruth Page Center for the Arts
CLASS TIME: 9:30am-10:45am
CLASS FEE: free!!!
Thanks to the generosity of New Dances donors, these classes are FREE!
Monday, June 13: Taylor Yocum, contemporary
Tuesday, June 14: Kaleigh Dent, contemporary
Wednesday, June 15: Marco Pizano, improv
Thursday, June 16: Melissa Thodos, modern
Friday, June 17: Julie Nakagawa, ballet
- Participate with confiDANCE! ALL members of Team New Dances are fully-vaccinated.
- A photo ID along with proof of vaccination is required from each dancer prior to the start of class.
- Dancers, advance registration is requested. Registration link is HERE!
- Follow DWC on Eventbrite!
EveryBODY entering the Ruth Page Center is asked to comply by “house rules”, which have been crafted with current CDC guidance and in consideration of state and city requirements. Thank you for abiding by these guidelines and being a Good Dance Citizen! Procedures are subject to change. RPC policies include:
- Masks to be worn at all times, unless actively eating/drinking
- Water fountains are available for filling bottles or individual cups
- Spatial awareness, physical distancing is required in studios, hallways, etc.
- Hand sanitizer is available…please help yourself!
- Please keep your belongings with you.
Common sense and common courtesy, are, as always, requested and appreciated.
This program is partially supported by grants from the Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events, City of Chicago, and the Illinois Arts Council Agency.